Career Opportunities with Engineering Associates
We are always looking for talented and qualified people to join our team. Please email us your qualifications. —
Municipal Project Engineer/Project Manager
Company Information: Engineering Associates (EA) is a full-service civil engineering consulting firm in business for over 60 years. We offer a full range of civil engineering design services for our clients ranging from municipal street projects, water and wastewater lines and treatment plants, ODOT projects large and small, right of way plans, structural design, etc. We provide solutions for our clients’ many and various challenges while providing challenging growth opportunities for our staff. We value the loyalty of our clients and staff. Many of our clients have been clients since our founding in 1957. We have a staff of approximately 30 at our Wooster, Ohio office. We serve clients across Ohio with specific emphasis in northeast Ohio. The Wooster area offers many unique living opportunities and is located within a short drive to Cleveland or Columbus. We offer competitive salaries and a benefit package which includes health insurance, vacation, 401(K) with company match, along with other benefits.
Job Summary: EA is seeking a full-time project manager to supplement our existing staff. This position will design and manage projects involving water, sanitary, stormwater, and roadway. The candidate will be responsible for all aspects of municipal engineering projects including preliminary reports, funding applications, detailed design, specification writing, construction administration including supervision of staff construction observers, management of multi-disciplinary project teams including supervision of staff CAD designers, and attending meetings with clients, contractors and funding agencies. This position is mainly an office position with some travel to client locations or project sites in Ohio. Travel is generally same day. Engineering Associates offers you a small firm work environment with large firm opportunities.
- Ohio Professional Engineers License (preferred) or E.I. (mandatory).
- Ability to create plans following client and governmental requirements.
- Computer Skills: AutoCAD Civil 3D, Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience developing site/civil plans and drawings.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to maintain strong relationships with clients.
- Experience with stormwater management and hydraulic/hydrologic modeling.
Professional Surveyor/Survey Operations Manager
Job Summary: EA is seeking a Professional Surveyor/Survey Operations Manager to supplement our existing staff. This candidate will be responsible for the management of all surveying operations for our design projects. This includes daily supervision and management of one to three survey crews, review and processing field data, writing proposals, preparation and review of ODOT and other project right of way plans and survey plats, easements and legal descriptions, preparation of construction computations and construction staking files, ALTA surveys, courthouse research, conducting topographic and boundary surveys, etc. You will collaborate with our design staff to determine the specific survey needs for each project. The qualified candidate will be familiar with conventional total stations, robotic and reflectorless instruments, and GPS equipment, and will be responsible for the management of the maintenance of this equipment and the data they provide. This position is mainly an office position with some occasional field time and/or travel. Travel is generally same day with occasional overnight travel.
• Ohio Professional Surveyor License.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in this field.
• Computer Skills: OpenRoads, MicroStation and AutoCAD; Microsoft Office Suite
• Experience managing survey field crews.
• ODOT Complex Right of Way prequalification or ability to obtain within 1 year.
Job Summary: EA is seeking a qualified Bridge/Structural Design Engineer to supplement our existing staff. This candidate will be responsible for leading the development of bridge and structural design plans, specifications, and cost estimates for a variety of projects to meet the requirements of our clients.
These projects may include performing engineering/design calculations from project inception to completion, developing structural plans, using structural design software, performing bridge load ratings, bridge inspections, proposal preparation, cost estimates, interfacing with clients to determine specific structural requirements and occasional inspection of client facilities. You will be challenged and grow with a broad variety of projects and clients. Projects include ODOT bridges, water and wastewater treatment building and concrete tank design, and structural evaluations of manufacturing facilities/projects.
You will supervise the preparation of project plans by CAD operators and prepare CAD plans. You will collaborate with other project designers to cohesively coordinate structural project details with other aspects of the project.
Project management responsibilities include supervision of CAD staff, managing project scope, budget, and schedule, preparation of fee proposals, attend project meetings, interact with clients, and develop all structural requirements for our clients.
This position is mainly an office position with occasional travel.
• Ohio Professional Engineers License.
• ODOT Level II Bridge Design Prequalification.
• Experience with ODOT Bridge Design Manual and AASHTO LRFD Bridge Design Specification.
• Minimum of 7 years of bridge/structural design experience.
• Computer Skills: MicroStation and AutoCAD, Microsoft Office Suite, bridge design software
• Experience using structural design analysis software: AASHTOWare BrR, Merlin DASH, LEAP.
• ODOT Level I Bridge Inspection.
• Experience analyzing and designing concrete tankage.
• Experience analyzing and designing single-story buildings.
• Experience with Ohio Building Code.